We had a very busy week filled with learning and developing many new skills! Some of the Montessori goals are to teach independence, responsibility, and team work. In order to achieve these goals it is necessary for us to provide opportunities for the children at school and at home, like cleaning up after playing with their toys, helping set the table, feeding their pet at home, helping with simple chores, or making them responsible for hanging their coat. We are really proud on how well the students are progressing each day!
The scholastic book order form will be coming home this week. To order, go to https://orders.scholastic.com. Under the parent tab, use the activation code: W9DQ2 to set up your account. Oct. 7th will be the last day to submit your order.
This week the children will focus on the sound of “Cc” and create a sound craft using cotton.
This week we will learn about Jesus and the symbol of the Cross and will go on a tour to the church.
In order to learn empathy the children will learn how to recognize and name feelings by observing body language and face expressions in others.
A good activity at home is cutting out faces from magazines and creating their own feelings book. Learning to talk about their feelings is a very important skill that will help them develop socially.
IMPORTANT DATES AND REMINDERS
- Tuesday, Oct. 1st – Safe Environment Training, Egan Hall 6:30pm – 9:00pm – If you intend to volunteer for the school or parish this is a requirement! Thank you!
- Friday, October 4th Parent Association Meeting – 8:30 am in the Administration Building. All are welcome to attend.
- Sunday, October 6th Endowment Dinner
- Friday, October 11th – NO SCHOOL Teacher In-Service Day
- Preschool will be taking a Fall walk in the neighborhood in October. More information and a permission slip will follow soon!
Please reach out with any questions or concerns! Have a wonderful weekend!