It was so lovely to meet with you last week. It’s fun getting to know everyone and learning more about your delightful children. Thanks for your support.
We are very busy in preschool, as “the holidays” have begun.
We are learning new songs and poems, reading Thanksgiving stories and making Thanksgiving art and crafts.
The children will hear the story of the Good Samaritan. They will discuss ways to show love to others. They will identify others as neighbors and describe ways to help.
The classes of St. John’s school will continue to collect food for the St. Vincent de Paul Food Bank, which is located in Quigley. Please send in non-perishable items for our neighbors in need.
SUPPORT THE HOMELESS
Please remember to donate items for the Homeless Project that the 4th graders have organized.
- Socks, gloves, hats for adults and children (small enough to fit in gallon Ziploc bags)
- Individually packaged food items such as granola bars, crackers, tuna packs, instant oatmeal, fruit leather
- Gently used, or new, children’s books (small enough to fit in gallon Ziploc bags)
- Hand wipes (travel size – no liquid hand sanitizer, please)
- Soap, shampoo, deodorant (travel size)
- Individual tissue packets
- Cough drops
- Lip balm
- Maxi pads (no tampons, please)
- Hand warmers
- Tea bags (individually packaged)
- Plastic utensils
- Gallon Ziploc bags
- $5 denomination gift cards (McDonald’s, Fred Meyer, Starbucks, etc.)
- Cash donations are always welcome! 100% of cash and checks (made out to St. John School) will be used to purchase additional goods.
We are collecting goods thru November 15. Thank you for your support!
IMPORTANT DATES & REMINDERS!
No school on November 27th, 28th and 29th for the Thanksgiving Holiday